Beiträge von vorosj

I am from Hungary. I am EE, living in Budapest, and helping my friend, who is winemaker and he purchased Cerea for his tractor and planting device. He is working in a small village a hundred km-s from Budapest.

He already used Cerea in half-automatic way and already planted 10 000 grapes with his machine. The start pulses were created by an optical sensor connected to the tractors wheel. It worked, but (due to some sliding of the wheel on the ground) the position of the plants is not absolute accurate.

As the new adapter is working, I hope the next planting will be flawless.

If I get answer I copy-paste it here. Also the source code of the adapter, maybe someone can use it.

Thank you for the fast reply.

@CEREA; 2,78; -1; 1; END \ r \ n

The message is similar, but not one of the above described types.

If the logic is the same,

2,78 is the speed - I misunderstood it before your letter, because I assumed the comma as delimiter, not as decimal point :)

-1 free field? (not clear for me)

1 start signal (it sends start only, no stop, so I wrote a D2on, delay, D2off sequence)

While I can live without the scan query&answer, it would be more convenient. I'll ask Cesar.

Thanks again.

My intended application is grape planting. I built a simple hardware using Arduino Nano and a PowerFet to generate start pulses for the plant system.

When the tractor crosses a plant line, CEREA sends a message:

@CEREA; 2,78; -1; 1; END \ r \ n

or similar.

My sketch is simple, the firmware receives the USB serial message, compares to @CEREA and turns on the fet for several hundred milliseconds.

It's working, however I have questions. I built it without proper documentation, based on Andreas Ortner's code.

1. Cerea has a scan function. It can not find my device, because it obviously waits for some feedback. Unfortunately I have no idea what is the correct answer on the scan query. Please, if you know what to send as feedback, describe it.

2. The message is complex, and I simply do not know what is the meaning of it's content. It is not allways the same, depends on some settings or whatever. So my only chance using the first @CEREA part, and drop the unknown content, which is not really safe.

Are there any documentation on these messages?

It's just me, or these things are really undocumented? Strange, because if there is a hardware I can buy, I do not care on the communication. But it's not the case, no such hardware available, my only choice is DIY. But how to do that without a detailed description of the messages?

Hi,

I have GPS connection problem with Reach RS+.

Both Base and Rover is Reach RS+. On the Rover one of the outputs set to USB, 115200, NMEA. The PC is a Win10 tablet with touchscreen.

It is properly working on AGOpenGPS, gets RTK Fix etc.

I ordered the new Android version of Cerea, but have to wait for it, so I got a trial Windows version for the waiting.

In Cerea, the scan function finds COM5 (it is the Emlid Rover), a green OK is in the line. However, on the main screen no sign of the GPS connection.

Please help...