Drivers Phidgets Motor Control

• For the case someone is installing the Phidgets driver motor control reference 1065 on a tablet 32bit, please be aware that the driver version on phidgets web page dated 12 April 2018 is wrong, the system will NOT work.

We discovered this after a lot of tests and headaches, so finally installed an older version from 22 February 2016. Now there is a new vesion dated 8th May 2018 wich we have not tested.

The old driver versions can be found here : https://www.phidgets.com/downl…ries/windows/Phidget-x86/

Remind that the above link is ONLY for tablets 32bit, NOT for the 64bit.

• No, the one we used is the 21, and the date above mentioned on my post was wrong; now corrected to 22nd February 2016, and correct link for the version 21; sorry.

Good to know that the version 22 do not works with Cerea. We thought it was due only to the specific issue of the software version, and not a general rule of the version 22 that doesn´t works with Cerea.

Now we are again on troubles :((nothing to do with the software version). The tablet do not recognizes the phidgets controller. This happened after a electrical soldering operations on the metal stairs of the tractor. The tractor battery was unplugged during the soldering operations. Despite this, I think the controller is KO.

The devices administrator recognizes something plugged on the USB port with the yellow warning symbol, but not recognized as a COM port.

The message is "uknown USB device, error of request of device descriptor". In the properties screen, the message is: "Windows stopped this device because informed of problems, (Error 43)"

We have reinstalled the software controllers, and nothing change.

I am still trying to find a technical explanation for the Phidgets controller failure for the case it was due to the soldering operations. With the tractor battery unplugged, no current should be running through the cables...

I am afraid that the only solution will be to buy a new board of Phidgets controller ref 1065_0B.

Before doing that, we will check the installation in another computer for the case it is due to a tablet problem, and not of the Phidgets controller.

Keep you posted.

• Hello good news after some nightmare days, the Phidgets controller is alive. The above mentioned problem was only due to software drivers, and finally solved with the help of an IT expert. This we dont know exacttly what was the origin as it tooks to the IT expert several days to solve it, not an easy task.