starting up cerea gps

• Hello,

we are 4 young students from The Netherlands who whant to start up the cerea gps, about this we have some questions that we hope to get some answers about.

- why should we use the Talysmann antenne in combination with the u-blox M8T, instead of a other receiver with bluetooth or usb?

- is internet always required to run the system?

-what does a u-blox different instead of a other receiver?

- how do you connect a gyroscope to this system?

i hope this forum can help us out with these problems

thanks

• Hello,

First Question:

m8t+talysmann is one option. There are many more possibilitys for example Trimble bd982 or in yours with bluetooth.

Second:

For RTK ist internet required via base-station or VRS. For DGPS ist internet not required

Thrid:

u-blox only use L1-GNSS.

Typical GNSS-Antennas (example John Deere) use L1+L2 GNSS

The main differenz is that you get with L1+L2 GNSS a more quickly and stable RTK-signal but it cost a lot. (trimble bd982 ~ 1500€)

4th:

we use a IMU-Thinkerforce, but actuelly it only support the Tilt.

Regrads

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can use also use an older antenna without RTK for cerea. In Spain a lot of people use i.e. Novatel AG Smart oder Smart 6L.

But the L1 with the Talismann and an Ublox m8t is really cheap und powerfull. There are might be some Problems with rtklib during work, but most of the time it runs really smooth for a RTK System less than 200$ (Antenna + m8t).

If there is no rtk correction Signal, you can build a RTK L1 base for 200-250$. A L2 Base costs ~10 times as much.

• <p>&lt;p&gt;Is it possible to build own RTK L2 base, and have the signal for free ? And how?&lt;/p&gt;</p>
    <br><p>&lt;p&gt;I understand, that L2 correction signal is not free, so you must pay for it, so there no purpose bild own base station.&lt;/p&gt;</p>

• Offizieller Beitrag

of course, you can take the trimble bd982 Board. I think with this board you dont even need an extra ntrip caster. But you can use SNIP (for free) as ntrip caster. Or you can ask Daniel Feiter from Agroaktiv, he sold a lot of L2 Bases all over Germany. -> https://www.agroaktiv.de/2017/…ntrip-rtk-basisstationen/

There are some cerea Users using L2 Bases from him.